Johns Manville: Sound-SHIELD
JM Sound-SHIELD Formaldehyde-free batts are lightweight, sound-absorbent insulation made of long, resilient glass fibres bonded with a thermosetting resin. Sound-SHIELD batts help provide a more comfortable interior environment by reducing transmission of conversations and the sounds of televisions, stereos and ventilation systems. In floor/ceiling assemblies, sound control batts may also help reduce transmission of impact-generated sounds between adjacent areas. Used in conjunction with the caulking of joints and resilient channels for drywall attachment, insulation can increase STC ratings by 8 to 10 points. The fibreglass batts are made to fit standard spacing and thickness of wood frame or steel stud construction in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial construction.
- Formaldehyde-free: will not off-gas formaldehyde in the indoor environment.
- Sound Control: reduces transmission of sound through exterior and interior walls and floor or ceiling assemblies.
- Fire resistant and non-combustible (see specification compliance).
- Non-corrosive: does not accelerate corrosion of pipes, wiring, or metal studs.
- Durable: will not rot, mildew, or otherwise deteriorate.
- Resilient: bonded glass fibres will not pull apart during normal applications and resist settling, breakdown, and sagging from vibration.
- Flexible: forms readily around corners and curved surfaces.
BUILT GREEN® Checklist
This product may help earn points under the following checklist item:
7.1 Products used for home are manufactured within 800 km (1 point for each 2 products—maximum of 5 points).
More BUILT GREEN® Approved Products by Johns Manville:
To Order or for More Information