Johns Manville Formaldehyde-Free Fibreglass Insulation
JM Formaldehyde-free™ thermal and acoustical insulation for wood, engineered wood, and steel framing is made of long, resilient glass fibres bonded with a thermosetting resin. A wide range of thermal resistance is available to provide thermal control for both vertical and horizontal applications.
- Formaldehyde-free: will not off-gas formaldehyde in the indoor environment.
- Thermally Efficient: provides effective resistance to heat transfer with R-values up to R-50 (RSI-8.8) for wood and steel frames and R-28 (RSI-4.9) for engineered wood frames.
- Sound Control: reduces transmission of sound through exterior and interior walls and floor or ceiling assemblies.
- Fire resistant and non-combustible (see specification compliance).
- Non-corrosive: does not accelerate corrosion of pipes, wiring or metal studs.
- Durable: will not rot, mildew, or otherwise deteriorate.
- Resilient: bonded glass fibres will not pull apart during normal applications and resist settling, breakdown and sagging from vibration.
BUILT GREEN® Checklist
This product may help earn points under the following checklist item:
2.2.5 All insulation used in home is certified by a third-party to contain a minimum recycled content: 25% (1 point), 50% (2 points), or 90% (3 points).
3.9 Insulation used is third-party certified to have zero or ultra-low formaldehyde (less than 0.008 ppm). 2 points.
More BUILT GREEN® Approved Products by Johns Manville
To Order or for More Information