Built Green Technical Workshops
How Built Green aligns with, supports, and extends beyond the BC Energy Step Code
You’re invited to our technical workshops, as some industry readies itself for the next step of BC Energy Step Code, while others prepare for the introduction of Step Code in their area.
The workshops will include:
• A case study informed by local specifications, courtesy of 3rd Generation Homes’ BUILT GREEN® Gold certified project, will consider the building techniques in the area, and alternatives as step code requirements increase.
• Practical suggestions will be discussed that reflect on economies of scale.
• Built Green will share updates that provide alternate compliance pathways for an even greater alignment with the BC Energy Step Code in our 2020 checklists.
Education credits for builders: pending eligibility for 2 CPD points with BC Housing and CPL units with the Planning Institute of British Columbia.
North Vancouver Workshop
When: Monday, Nov. 18, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Where: 127 Balmoral Road, North Vancouver
When: Tuesday, Nov. 19, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Where: Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre, 2170 Harvey Ave, Kelowna
Squamish Workshop - Rescheduled (future date TBA)
When: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Where: 41328 Skyridge Place, Squamish
When: Thursday, Nov. 21, 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Where: 3588 Honeycrisp Avenue (McCormick Meadows), Langford
RSVP to a workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org – we encourage you to bring others interested in attending, though please do RSVP with numbers.
- Please keep in mind that three of these locations are builds-in-progress, so if you have a hard hat and steel-toed boots, we encourage you to wear them.
- Parking is available on the street. While we realize distance may prevent some of you from attending, we hope one of the locations will work for you.
Thank you to Hasler Homes, Diamond Head Developments, and Verity Construction for working with us and providing their builds-in-progress slated for BUILT GREEN® certification as our workshop locations.
The North Vancouver workshop is sponsored by All Weather Windows.