About Our Programs
Built Green Canada provides:
- Training for builders/renovators to “build green"
- A “how to” process for builders/renovators and home owners
- A certification process for green homes with four performance levels - Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum
Built Green Canada's programs:
- High Density (HD) projects includes multi-storey and residential tower
- A renovations program is in pilot phase and a community program are under development
For the "how to" process:
To view the Single Family BUILT GREEN® Checklist, email us
To view the BUILT GREEN® Guide click here
This certification recognizes the authenticity of the home and offers credibility, as you’re able to review a detailed report and a checklist, showing which products were used. Plus, as the homeowner, you have a reference for the maintenance of the home and can rely on home performance expectations associated with the certification. And certification offers you bragging rights—proudly display the certification of your home by investing in a BUILT GREEN® plaque that appears on the outside of the home or on the sidewalk.
*The Natural Resources Canada EnerGuide Rating System is part of the certification process. All BUILT GREEN® homes benchmark their energy efficiency against the EnerGuide Rating System. To view the Natural Resources EnerGuide website click here.